|Cherry Red Books Middlesex County Football League
|13 News Items
Re: COVID-19, all Cup finals from today and up to and including the 4th April and now postponed, see e-mail sent to your clubs 16 March 2020 (SCH) Re: COVID-19 any team with concerns regarding playing this weekend 14th March 202, you need to advise your opponents as well as the League if you do not wish to play, your must speak to your opponets , do not just e mail them (SCH) County Cup results, if you're playing a team not in this League you need to tell us the Result in the normal way, especially if the home team is in italics it means they are not in this League !
For the Main Handbook click here.
For the Match Day Handbook click here.
|International Clearance for Players
International Clearance for Players Coming From Overseas - .pdf form ----> Click Here
|League Council meeting & collection night
League Council meeting is hereby called for 9 September 2019
at Indian Gymkhana Sports Club
Thornbury Avenue, Osterley TW7 4NQ
at 7.45 p.m.
|All Clubs MUST attend this meeting
|click here to see map
As from the weekend of the 6th/7th October match officials fees will be increased to £40-00 for the Referee and £32-00 for assistants, this was agreed in League Council 3rd September 2018..........
|Telephoning in Results
All results should be phoned or texted to the number below by 17.15 hrs on Saturdays.
The information we require is
- Division or Cup Competition then
- Home Team & Score then
- then Away Team & Score
If it's an external competition and the home team is from outside the league
you must telephone in the result especially if it's a COUNTY CUP, if the match is postponed you must phone and tell the Results line!
For evening games results should be phoned in straight after the match
It's the home team's responsibility to confirm the fixture with the away team and the referees
|Cherry Red Books - League Sponsor
Cherry Red Books
|Registered under the data Protection Act 1998
|Referees' Match Fees
Double headers are paid as follows the referees receives £25-00 per game so AWAY team pays him, all this is in the League handbook page 32
|Officials appointed by the league should receive
||Assistant Referee: £32-00
|see Rule 23 (E) in the league Handbook
|Guide to Marking Referees
Guide To Marking Referees
The mark awarded by a club must be based on the referee's overall performance, It is most important that the mark is awarded fairly and not based upon isolated incidents or previous games. The referee's performance should be determined by the table below which should act as a guide for the overall mark which should fall within the mark range for each standard of performance.
The referee was extremely accurate in decision making and very successfully controlled the game using management and communication skills to create an environment of fair play, adding real value to the game.
The referee was very accurate in decision making and successfully controlled the game using management and communication skills to create an environment of fair play.
71 - 80
The referee was accurate in decision making and controlled the game well, communicating with the players, making a positive contribution towards fair play.
The referee was reasonably accurate in decision making, controlled the game quite well and communicated with players, establishing a reasonable degree of fair play.
The referee had some shortcomings in the level of accuracy of decision making and control, with only limited success in communicating with the players resulting in variable fair play.
50 and below
The referee had significant shortcomings in the level of accuracy of decision making and control with poor communication with the players which resulted in low levels of fair play
Using a scale of up to 100 allows greater flexibility for clubs to distinguish between different refereeing performances more accurately.
A mark within each mark range can be given to reflect the referee's performance e.g. a mark of 79 indicates a somewhat better performance than a mark of 71.
A mark between 71 and 80 represents the standard of refereeing expected.
When a mark of 50 or less is awarded, an explanation must be provided to the League or Competition by completing the appropriate box on the marking form. It must include comments which could help improve the referee's future performances. Even where a referee has significant shortcomings there will have been some positive aspects which should be given credit; extremely low marks (below 20) should be very rare.
How to Decide on the referee's Mark
The following questions focus on the key areas of a referee's performance. They are intended as an "aide memoire", are not necessarily comprehensive and need not be answered individually. It is, however, worth considering them before committing yourself to a mark for the referee.
CONTROL AND DECISION MAKING
- How well did the referee control the game?
- Were the players' actions recognized correctly?
- Were the Laws applied correctly?
- Were all incidents dealt with efficiently/effectively?
- Were all the appropriate sanctions applied correctly?
- Was the referee always within reasonable distance of incidents?
- Was the referee well positioned to make critical decisions, especially in and around the penalty area?
- Did the referee understand the players' positional intentions and keep out of the way accordingly?
- Did the referee demonstrate alertness and concentration throughout the game?
- Did the referee apply the use of the advantage to suit the mood and temperature of the game?
- Was the referee aware of the players' attitude to advantage?
- Did the referee use the assistants effectively?
- Did the officials work as a team, and did the referee lead and manage them to the benefit of the game?
COMMUNICATION AND PLAYER MANAGEMENT
- How well did the referee communicate with the players during the game?
- Did the referee's level of involvement/profile suit this particular game?
- Did the referee understand the players' problems on the day ? e.g. difficult ground/weather conditions?
- Did the referee respond to the changing pattern of play/mood of players'
- Did the referee demonstrate empathy for the game, allowing it to develop in accordance with the tempo of the game?
- Was the referee pro-active in controlling of the game?
- Was the referee's authority asserted firmly without being officious
- Was the referee confident and quick thinking?
- Did the referee appear unflustered and unhurried when making critical decisions?
- Did the referee permit undue questioning of decisions?
- Did the referee deal effectively with players crowding around after decisions/incidents?
- Was effective player management in evidence?
- Was the referee's body language confident and open at all times?
- Did the pace of the game, the crowd or player pressure affect the referee negatively?
- Always try to be objective when marking. You may not obtain the most objective view by marking immediately after the game.
- Judge the performance over the whole game. Don?t be too influenced by one particular incident.
- Don't mark the referee down unfairly because your team was unlucky and lost the game or some disciplinary action was taken against your players.
|LEAGUE HANDBOOK and League Rules
Please click on the blue and red MCFL badge in the heading to go to the MCFL website.
You can download the latest league rules and other documents from there.
Please click here to download your club's page for the league handbook.
Please fill in your details where shown in red in sections A, w, b, c, d, e, f, g, h and j. When completed, save the new document and send it as an email attachment to the league secretary.DONT FORGET TO TYPE IN YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ON THE FORMS
|County F.A. Addresses for Referees & Clubs
Amateur FA (AFA)
Unit 3,7 Wenlock Road, London N1 7SL
Tel: 020 8733 2613
Berks & Bucks County FA
15a London Street
Faringdon, Oxon SN7 8AG
Tel: Office= 01367 242505 Fax= 01367 242158
ESSEX COUNTY FA
The County Office
Sprinfield Lyons Approach
Tel: 01245 465271
Hertfordshire County FA
Tel: Office= 01462 677622 Fax= 01462 677624
London County FA
11 Hurlington Business Park
Tel: 020 7610 8360
Middlesex County FA
39 Roxborough Road
Tel: Office= 020 8515 1919 Fax= 020 8515 1910
Surrey County FA
36 Bridge Street
Tel: 01372 373543
Fax: 01372 361310