2013-2014 Season
Colchester & East Essex Football League
10 News Items
Saturday 15th February is Amos Cup Quarter Final Day. Semi Finals 29th March at Essex Universioty. Final at North Road, Brightlingsea Thursday 17th April. New Team or Club? Email - ceefl1921@btinternet.com or phone Mick 01206 799872. Respect Signatures to accompany Registration Forms. Spare Forms on 'download' League mitoo website.
Matchday Report for Saturday 08.02.2014

Report for Saturday 08.02.2014


Three games this week survived this awful weather.


At a cold and very windy Strangers Corner in Brightlingsea, Brightlingsea Regent ‘A’ took on Colchester Athletic in their Premier Division encounter. Playing with the wind in the first half and although only starting with only ten men Athletic had several chances to take an early lead but were unable to convert any of them, and it looked as if the half would end goalless as Regent were failing to get a shot on target when their chances did come. However the game suddenly turned in the twenty fifth minute when Daniel Hill was brought down in the Athletic box by Jack Vasey. Up stepped Ryan Hart who coolly blasted the resultant penalty past a helpless Dean Chitty in the Athletic goal. It then remained at a 1-0 score line until the break. Into the second half and Brightlingsea were awarded a corner on their right as the fifty eighth minute slipped by, and was taken by Matthew Hill, which with the aid of the wind nestled directly in the far corner of the Athletic net to put Brightlingsea 2-0 up. They quickly then made a double substitution bringing on Chris Bowles and Reece Doig in place of Ben Russell and Christopher Powell who had earlier started in place of Daniel Finch who had injured himself in the pre-game warm up. Within a minute however Athletic had pulled a goal back when Marc Eason tried his luck from the edge of the area and saw the ball fly into the Brightlingsea net; 2-1 to Brightlingsea. Athletic trying to play on the break, and with Nathan English their lone striker starting to tire having played eventually conceded a third when Ryan Brough worked his way into the area before slotting the ball into the Athletic net; and in the process ending the scoring. The match was fought out in a hard but fair manner and was very well refereed by Referee Kelvin Llewellyn in what can only be described as difficult conditions, ended with a 3-1 score line to the home side.


Over at Mistley Recreation Ground, Mistley got their game on for the second week running, and the Division One pacesetters were rewarded with a fine 9-1 victory over visiting Marks Tey. This win virtually seals their promotion back to the Premier Division as only Belchamps can possible stop them finishing in the top two. The understrength Tey side saw great debuts for Dominic Gross and their man of the match Joseph Shanks but were comprehensively beaten by a rampant Mistley side who ran out worthy winners. On the Mistley score sheet were Robert Seager with two, Marcos Mazaj Fuentes, Kevin Brown, their man of the match Stuart Crathern, substitute Callum Boyne and Ashley Feaviour with a hat trick. The Marks Tey consolation effort came from Steven Claxton.


The days other game on, the Division Three encounter between Beacon Hill Rovers ‘A’ and Tiptree Jobserve Blues on the all-weather 3g pitch at Braintree Leisure Centre was another high scoring affair and saw the visiting Jobserve team run out the 10-0 winners. This match also saw what must be the performance of the day, as Connor Leport hit seven of the Tiptree Jobserve Blues goals and deservedly getting their man of the match award. Their three substitutes, George Brew, Callum Everitt and Miles Harvey scored their other three goals. This win also sees them back at the top of the Division Three table.








Matchday Report for Saturday 01.02.2014

Report for Saturday 01.02.2014


Only three games survived the wet weather this week.


The Lexden Memorial Cup Quarter Final local derby game between Tiptree Jobserve Blues and Tiptree Perrywood on the all-weather 3g pitch at Thurstable School, the Division One clash at Mistley Recreation Ground between Mistley and AFC Sudbury ‘A’ and the Division three encounter at Shrub End between New Field Reserves and Tolleshunt D’Arcy.


The Lexden Memorial Cup Quarter Final game saw Tiptree Perrywood book their place in the Semi-Finals with a 4-2 victory courtesy of goals from Chris Maile, Benjy Firth, Harry Harris and Matt Stacey. On the Jobserve score sheet were Bradley Cole and Lewis Webster.


Over at Mistley the Division One pacesetters went a goal down after just nine minutes when Carl Jackson attempting to clear a cross cum shot merely managed to divert the ball [that was going wide] past his own keeper Connor Steele. Battling hard against the very strong wind it took a spectacular twenty five yard rocket from Robert Thompson in the thirty seventh minute to bring them back level. They went into the lead two minutes later when the same player was allowed to bring down a cross just inside the penalty area, turn and place another unstoppable top right hand corner shot into the Sudbury net. To their credit Sudbury were back level three minutes later when the marauding Wayne Spires who had an excellent game for Sudbury got on the end of a good move to fire the ball into the Mistley net. So into the break all level and the prospect of an exciting second half. Mistley took the lead with what turned out to be their winner just four minutes into the half when Ashley Feaviour scored with a deft flick shot from the penalty spot area. Try as they might against the strong wind Sudbury found it very hard going and were unable to get back into the game. Mistley found it just as hard with the wind as virtually all of the rest of their second half attacks foundered on the rock of the Sudbury centre half and man of the match Scott Hollington who appeared to be covering every possible blade of grass he could, thus a very good entertaining game ended 3-2 to Mistley. Mistley are now an impressive fourteen points clear at the top of the table, and are still undefeated in the league. The only game that they have lost so far this season being way back in September in the first round of the Amos Cup.


At Shrub End, New Field Reserves took on the new boys Tolleshunt D’Arcy who have found it very hard this season. Tolleshunt who were playing their last League game of the season started with just seven players and managed to hold on until the thirteenth minute before conceding, when John Wheelans scored the first for New Field. Two minutes later the Tolleshunt compliment of players was up to eight, but just two minutes after that in the seventeenth minute Dan Crouch had made it 2-0 to New Field. After that the goals flowed in the Tolleshunt net fairly regularly, Gareth Williams scored the first of his five in the twenty sixth minute, Jordan Wheelans added his second a minute later. In the fortieth minute Jonjo Slaughter made it 5-0 before Gareth Williams completed a hat trick with goals in the forty first and forty fourth minutes to make the half time score 7-0 to New Field. New Field brought on two substitutes at half time and their third in the fifty fifth minute, and their fresh legs started to take their toll on the tiring Tolleshunt players who were by then down to effectively seven players through an injury but to his credit the Tolleshunt player stayed on and limped through the rest of the game after only spending a short time off the pitch despite obvious discomfort. New Field had further increased their lead with second half goals from John Spurgeon in the forty seventh minute, substitute Dave Mount in the forty eighth and fifty seventh minutes, before Gareth Williams added the final two of his five in the fifty eighth and sixty first minutes. Another of the substitutes, Lee Sutton hit the first goal of his hat trick in the sixty third minute which was followed by a Thomas J Scrivener sixty sixth minute goal, Dave Mount’s third in the sixty eighth minute, and Matt Graves in the seventieth minute. Lee Sutton added his second in the seventy seventh minute before Tom Dean placed his name to the score sheet in the eighty second minute, and then Lee Sutton completed his hat trick in the eighty fifth minute leaving just enough time for Dave Mount to hit his fourth in the eighty seventh minute. New Field’s man of the match Stephen Clewlow completed their scoring to record an emphatic 21-0 victory for New Field. To their credit Tolleshunt D'Arcy never gave up and showed great character in this their final Division Three fixture. Both teams also deserve great credit for the sporting way they approached and played the game.









Matchday Report for Saturday 25.01.2014

Report for Saturday 25.01.2014


Eleven games survived the weather this week, three in the Premiership, one in Division One, three in Division Two , one in Division Three and both of the Great Bromley Cup Semi-Final games.


In the Premiership, leaders St Osyth went down 3-0 at Feering United who had Luke Thurston, Martin Young and substitute Matt Knight on their score sheet. This gave second placed Castle the chance to gain ground on the leaders but they also went down, by a 2-0 score line at home to Cinque Port who had Antony Betchley and Mark Norman to thank for their goals. The other game in the division saw University of Essex 3rd XI ease to a 5-2 home victory over New Field. The University side went quickly 2-0 up; New Field pegged it back with a well worked goal by Simon Hickey before Lee Barnes scored the equaliser with a thunderbolt free kick. New Field then gifted a third goal to the University to put them ahead in the second half, before being caught with two break away goals as New field tried everything to get something from the game. The University scorers were Jacob Dingli with a hat trick, and Paul Haley with a double.


In the only game played in Division One it finished as a 6-5 home victory to Langham Lodgers over visiting Marks Tey in a game riddled with mistakes from both sides on an awkward pitch with both goalmouths turning to a bog to create a nightmare for the keepers. The Marks Tey goals came from Luke Jones, Toby Legg, and aha trick from substitute Luke Rosenbloom.


In Division Two second placed Tollesbury Reserves won 2-0 at home to Nayland Rangers with Scott Lewis getting both of their goals, and Stoke by Nayland drew 1-1 with University of Essex 5th XI. On the respective score sheets were Moustafa Elseman and Matthew Brook. Leaders Bures United also won at home to Little Clacton, with a score line of 3-1 and Mark Ciaravolo with a double and an own goal on their score sheet.


Division Three saw the days highest score line when Holland ‘a’ came away from Tolleshunt D’Arcy with a 19-0 victory.  


In the Great Bromley Cup the first semi-final pitched third placed Premiership side Oyster against Mistley United who are top of Division One. Oyster quickly went 2-0 up Luke Sawkins and Alexander Pacey before in th twenty seventh minute Mistley got one back through Ashley Feaviour and then two minutes later equalised through Luke Randall. They even had time to hit the post in this ten minute burst before going ahead through Kevin Brown when the Oyster keeper could only help his shot into the net. Oyster were back level in the fifty seventh minute however through another goal keeping own goal error. This seemed to stir Mistley up and they went 4-3 eight minutes later in the sixty fifth minute through Marcos Mazaj Fuentes before Ashley Feaviour completed the scoring with the goal of the game with a seventy yard effort from inside his own half, after seeing the Oyster keeper of his line he launched a shot that went over the keepers head and bounced into the net the net. The other semi-final saw Brightlingsea Regent ‘A’ ease to a 7-0 victory over fellow Premiership side Colchester Athletic with a first half goal from Christopher Powell and second half strikes from Scott Stallarn, Ryan Brough, and doubles from Daniel Finch and Anthony Chatters.








Matchday Report for Saturday 18.01.2014


Report for Saturday 18.01.2014


The weather was the main victor this week as only six games managed to survive.


In the League Knock Out Cup Round Two, Tiptree Jobserve Blues playing on the all-weather 3g pitch at Thurstable School went down 3-0 to visiting New Field through second half goals from Lee Barnes, Andy Broom and Gareth Williams in what was reported as a good win for New Field.


Five League games survived, one each in the Premiership and Division One and three in Division Two.


In the Premiership, St Osyth moved four points clear at the top with a fine 5-3 away victory Colchester Athletic, whilst in Division One, Mistley are now a comfortable eleven points clear at the top albeit having played four more games than second placed Belle Vue following their 4-2 home victory over visiting Langham Lodgers courtesy of a Winston Juby hat trick and an effort from Ashley Feaviour.


In Division Two there were 2-0 home wins for leaders Bures United Reserves over Stoke by Nayland with Tom Eady and Liam Banks on target and also third placed Tollesbury Reserves over Riverbank Athletic courtesy of a brace from John Hill. The divisions other game pitched Kelevedon Social Reserves against University of Essex 5th XI and saw Kelvedon emerge with the points with an odd goal in seven win by a 4-3 score line. On their score sheet were Joe Dow, Gareth Hammersley and Mark Roulston with a brace, and for the University boys it was Michael Capleton, Georgios Christofurou and Daniel Turner.







Matchday Report for Saturday 11.01.2014

Report for Saturday 11.01.2014


Contrary to the reports in some of our local papers this week end, there were games in the Colchester & East Essex Football League this weekend.


In the eight League Knock Out Cups played, all ended up as away wins; although the all Premiership clash between Brightlingsea Regent ‘A’ and Colchester Athletic game went to penalties before the tie was decided in the favour of the away team Colchester Athletic. It was 2-2 at the end of full time and 3-3 after extra time before Athletic sealed it in the penalty shoot out. Scoring for Regent were Daniel Finch, Anthony Chatters and substitute Chris Bowles and for Athletic it was Daniel Moorse, Carl Smith and substitute Craig Springett. Other Premiership sides safely through are Horkesley who won 5-1 at Division One Sporting Rebels. On the Horkesley score sheet were, Ryan Brown with two, Dan Mutch, Callum Spindler, and Kane Hipkin. Matt Gibbs scored the Sporting consolation effort. Feering United went through by the odd goal in five 3-2, at Third Division Holland ‘A’ with goals from James Court, Luke Thurston and Matt Knight. Bailey Barnard and Gary Hall were on target for Holland. There was a shock at St Osyth however, were the premiership leaders St Osyth went down 2-1 to Division One Marks Tey. It was a hard fought match played in good spirits by both sides. Tey took the lead with a Tyson Browning goal, and it stayed that way to half time. St.Osyth equalised through Lemin Ali, but Luke Jones put Tey ahead once again and it stayed at 1-2 until the final whistle. The all Division One affair between Langham Lodgers and the divisions pace setters Mistley went 8-3 in the favour of Mistley. On target for Mistley were Brian Seager with a hat trick, Winston Juby and Darren Rawlinson with two apiece and substitute Robert Seager; whilst on the Langham score sheet were Glen Amos, Barry Sage and James Whitnell. In the all Division Two game between Acton Crown and Bures United Reserves it was Bures who emerged victorious, 4-1, courtesy of goals from Mark Ciaravolo, Liam Banks and a double from Shane Wanmer. The other all Division Two affair between Lexden Allstars and Stoke by Nayland saw the divisional leaders Lexden Allstars go down 4-3. On the Lexden score sheet were, Matt Ferguson, and John Mason with a double. For the victorious Stoke by Nayland side it was Ryan Parsley and Patrick Gardiner with doubles apiece. The other tie saw Division two Tollesbury Reserves come away from Division One Abbey Fields the 1-0 victors thanks to a John Hill goal.

On the League front, in the Premiership, Cinque Port returned to winning ways with a 4-1 home victory over Kelvedon Social, with Samuel Moss, Mark Norman and a double from Aston Sharp on their score sheet and Peter Gilbert the Kelvedon consolation. Castle moved up to second spot with a 3-1 home victory over New Field with Steven Doig, Lee Fox and Danny Sharp getting their goals. The New Field effort was a long range free kick from Thomas Munson.

In Division One, Little Clacton came away from Nayland Rangers with a 3-2 victory. The Nayland goal scorers were Lewis Axcell and Stephen Hopley.


In Division Three, Connaught Red Star won 5-1 at New Field Reserves. This was reported as a game well refereed by Referee Edward Lee and a deserved win for Connaught Red Star; who led from almost the start of the game. They were 3-0 up at half time before New Field changed their formation and settled down to compete. Substitute Glenn Haggett scored for New Field and ex New Field player James Evans crashed the ball into the back of net for Connaught. The divisions other game between Whitehall and Beacon Hill Rovers ‘A’ was a foreshortened due to the late arrival of the Beacon Hill kit and finished as 1-1 draw.










Matchday Report for Saturday 04.01.2014

Report for Saturday 04.01.2014


Of the sixteen scheduled matches for today only one managed to survive the weather and the resultant water logged pitches. This was at St Osyth where the Premiership leaders St Osyth took on third placed Oyster who were hoping to close the gap on the leaders to just two points, whilst also moving into second place in the process, and, also importantly, still keeping their ‘two games in hand’ advantage.


They achieved all three of their aims coming away from Cowley Park, the 3-1 victors. On the Oyster score sheet were John Green, Alex Washington and substitute James Wargent with Alex Wilden replying for St Osyth.


After all of the recent rain the pitch was firm with a good surface but a strong wind blowing up the pitch made for difficult conditions. The cloud cover was thin during the first half.


With just four minutes into the match the St Osyth captain brought down an Oyster player twenty five yards out from goal for which he received a yellow card. Up stepped John Green the Oyster captain to hit a superb free kick into the bottom right hand corner. 1-0 to Oyster. St Osyth came back into the game and dominated most of the next forty one minutes but only had one goal to show for all of their hard work; an Alex Wilden hook shot on thirteen minutes.


St Osyth had dominated the half to the effect that at one point they had three shots in a few seconds, the first was blocked on the line, the second hitting the woodwork and the third shaving the post.


Half time, and the score line, one apiece.


Into the second half and the light began to fade as heavy clouds moved in. On fifty minutes the Oyster substitute James Wargent hit home from ten yards; 2-1 to Oyster, who then slowly took control of the match. Matters took a turn for the worse for St Osyth as Robert East received a yellow card after fifty two minutes for a heavy challenge, which was closed followed by a second eight minutes later for the same offence, with the resultant red card following, leaving St Osyth to play out the last thirty minutes a goal down and with only ten men.


Oyster dominated the rest of the match as the rain came down Taking advantage of their extra man. St Osyth had their keeper to thank for keeping the score down, although the Oyster pressure did count in the seventy second minute when Alex Washington added a third for Oyster with a drilled shot from twelve yards.


To their credit, St Osyth came back again at Oyster but could not find a way through the Oyster defence, leaving Oyster the 3-1 victors and in second place in the league table only two points behind leaders St Osyth and having two games in hand over the leaders.




Best Wishes and a Happy New 2014 Year to all of our teams, officials and players on behalf of the Executive and Committee of the Colchester & East Essex Football League, and please keep those match reports coming in.









Matchday Report for Saturday 07.12.2013

Report for Saturday 07.12.2013


In the Premiership, leaders St Osyth won 5-0 at home to Kelvedon Social whilst second placed Oyster were held to a 0-0 draw at New Field, in their bottom v top match. The game was quite even but hard fought, with New Field having the better chances in the first half and Oyster in second half. New Field never really tested the Oyster keeper, but still view it as a good point for them keeping their good run going. Oyster as a result of this draw now drop to third in the table as Castle move up to second spot following their 3-1 away victory at Cinque Port. Will Howe with a brace and Ryan North being on their score sheet. Horkesley had to wait until the last minute before Dan Mutch hit their equaliser in their 1-1 draw with visiting University of Essex 3rd XI for whom Fondop Talom Karlmike had earlier found the net. The divisions other game between Brightlingsea Regent ‘A’ and Feering United was a dour gritty affair which saw the Brightlingsea boys emerge victorious 3-2. They went 1-0 up in the fifteenth minute thanks to a Chris Powell half volley but were pulled back to 1-1 in thirty sixth minute through Martin Young’s shot after cutting in from the right wing. In the fortieth minute Brightlingsea thought they had retaken the lead, but saw their effort ruled out for offside, Feering then went straight up the other end and from a left wing free kick the ball dropped kindly to James Court and he calmly slotted home. It was back equal at two apiece just before the break when following a short left wing corner and bad marking Chris Bowles was allowed the time and space to steer his left foot shot past the Feering keeper Robb Cross. Brightlingsea scored their winner in the sixth minute of the second half as Anthony Chatters hit the goal of the game with a perfectly weighted shot into the top corner of the net. Despite creating several more chances both sides failed to find the net again and the game ended at 3-2 to Brightlingsea.


In Division One, leaders Mistley drew 2-2 with visiting University of Essex 4th XI but still top the table. On their score sheet were Ashley Feaviour and substitute David Robertson and for the University it was an own goal and Matthew Brook. Second placed Belle Vue Social won 4-0 at home to Belchamps. Stuart Russell and Jack Harrington with a hat trick getting their goals. Paul Coombs despite scoring a hat trick for his side Harwich Rangers still saw them lose 4-3 at home to Sporting Rebels for whom Martin Joy hit the games second hat trick with Albie Lawrence adding their fourth. AFC Sudbury ‘A’ and Marks Tey drew one apiece in an evenly balanced game. Tey took the lead through Luke Jones but could not hold on, as with only a few minutes left Sudbury levelled through Scott Hollington. With both teams pushing for the winner, the game could then have gone either way, but it finished as a 1-1 draw. In the divisions other game Abbey Fields went down 1-0 at home to visiting Langham Lodgers.


It was as they were in Division Two as the top three sides all won again. Leaders Lexden Allstars won 4-0 at home to Riverbank Athletic courtesy of goals from John Mason and a Gareth Evans hat trick. Bures United Reserves in second won 5-1 at home to Nayland Rangers with Liam Banks and Thomas Eady both with doubles and Jake Wood on their score sheet. Tollesbury Reserves in third had a fine 9-1 victory at University of Essex 5th XI. Harry Clover and Mitchell Wright both hit hat tricks and James Harris, Scott Lewis and Kelly John Pollard added their three other goals. Daniel Turner scored the University boys consolation effort. Mark Roulston scored both of Kelvedon Social Reserves goals in their 2-1 home victory over visiting Stoke by Nayland. In the divisions other game, Acton Crown won 4-2 at home to Little Clacton and now move above them into fourth place in the table on goal difference. On the Acton score sheet were Kirk Broom with two goals, Tristan Fontagio and Ross Thompson.


The three games in Division Three produce twenty goals between them. Connaught Red Star and Tiptree Jobserve Blues both hit six without reply in 6-0 victories. Connaught Red Star away at Beacon Hill Rovers ‘A’ had Daniel Campbell, Luke McKenzie, Daniel Troy, Sam Walker and brace from Tom Dean on their score sheet, and Tiptree Jobserve Blues playing on the artificial 3G pitch at Thurstable School won by the same score line against New Field Reserves with Connor Leport and Lewis Webster with doubles apiece and substitutes Lewis Scrivener and Nelson Taylor on their score sheet. The divisions other eight goals came as Whitehall won a tighter game at home to Holland ‘A’, 5-3, with their five goals coming from Paul Goddard with four and Alex Williams.








Matchday Report for Saturday 14.12.2013

Report for Saturday 14.12.2013


In the Amos Cup third round the Premiership leaders St Osyth fell 5-1 at home to fellow top division side University of Essex 3rd XI for whom Michael Capleton and Jacob Dingli with four were on target. James Shuttlewood scored the St Osyth consolation effort. The Premiership second placed team Castle also went safely through to the next round by a 2-1 score line thanks to Mark Peter Smith and an own goal but they were pushed all of the way by Third Division second placed team Connaught Red Star. Tiptree Perrywood looking like a promotion side beat Nayland Rangers 4-0 with Benjy Firth and Ben Dewis with a hat trick on their score sheet. New Field who lost their keeper two hours before the game went down 7-1 at Kelvedon Social with Lee Barnes getting their goal and Luke Morgan-Beale, Gerard Roulston, Jon Stapley, and Mark Roulston and Tod Embling two apiece for Kelvedon. The Belle Vue Social and Lexden Allstars game was well contested. It was 1-1 at half time with goals from Wes Henry for Belle Vue and Aiden Bayes with the equaliser for Lexden. In the second half Lexden applied pressure from the off and were rewarded in the last quarter with Aiden Bayes getting his second of the game, so into the last ten minutes and with Belle Vue Social in the ascendancy luck played a part; first an unfortunate own goal, followed by a free kick which hit the bar and Wayne Brown volleying home the rebound. The fourth for Belle Vue Social was a deflection off a defender for the games second own goal. Overall it was a good game with both teams a credit to their respective divisions. In the only other game played AFC Sudbury ‘A’ and Belchamps played out a 1-1 draw at both full time and after extra time, before Belchamps went through winning the penalty shootout 5-3. On the Sudbury score sheet was substitute Zack Clark.


In the only match played in the Premiership it looked as if Horkesley would pick up the points but an eighty eighth minute disputed penalty equaliser and an injury time own goal winner secured the points for Colchester Athletic. On the Athletic score sheet it was James Partner and for Horkesley it was Thomas Mundy.


In Division One, leaders Mistley were held again to a home draw; 1-1, with visiting Harwich Rangers. On target for Mistley it was Robert Seager and for Harwich it was Jordan Slater. University of Essex 4th XI and Sporting Rebels also drew 1-1, with Ryan Boyce and Lee Johnson on the respective score sheets. In a match that saw some excellent football played by both sides and played in a good spirit Marks Tey eventually ran out the 8-1 winners over visiting Abbey Fields with Tyson Browning getting a hat trick, Kieren Bloomfield and Steven Claxton, two each and Luke Jones, one for the victorious Tey boys.


In Division Two Bures United Reserves move to just a point behind leaders Lexden Allstars, who were in Cup action today, with a 6-1 home victory over Riverbank Athletic. Athletic actually took the lead through Tawseef Nazki but goals from Dominic Brady, Mark Ciaravolo, James McShane, Jake Wood and Thomas Eady with two secured the points for Bures. Tollesbury Reserves in third won 4-0 away at home Little Clacton and Stoke by Nayland won 3-1 at home to Kelvedon Social Reserves with Matthew Cooper, Moustafa Elseman and Ben Palmer getting their goals and Joe Dow the Kelvedon effort.


In Division Three, Whitehall won 7-1 at New Field Reserves in a game in which had New Field taken their chances the result would have been a lot different. They were 3-1 down at half time after David Mount had earlier made the score line 2-1 in Whitehall’s favour. New Field took the game to Whitehall in the second half but were unable to convert any of their chances. Whitehall in adding four more goals were well worth their win in a match well refereed by Referee Martin Ainger. Elsewhere, Beacon Hill Rovers ‘A’ and Holland ‘A’ played out a4-4 draw; on target for Beacon Hill were Jamie Rodgers and John Scott with a hat trick and for Holland it was Joel Charles, Emmanuel Ewuoso, Bradley Ferkins and Nat Spencer.








Matchday Report for Saturday 21.12.2013

Report for Saturday 21.12.2013


Todays scheduled football programme was decimated with the early Christmas closure of the council pitches and the weather with only five matches surviving.


Tiptree Perrywood against Beacon Hill Rovers ‘A’ was the only League Knock Out Cup first round game that managed to survive, and it finished in a 5-1 victory for Perrywood, who had five different goal scorers on their score sheet with Nick Platt, Benjy Firth, Nathan Cooper, Martyn Ripper and David Pomphrett all getting a goal apiece.


In the Premiership two games survived. In the mid table battle at a cold and wet Birch Park, Colchester Athletic took on Cinque Port. It was 1-0 to Athletic after only seven minutes when following a defensive error Matthew English tapped into an empty net, and it stayed that way into the break. It took ten minutes into the second half before Cinque Port were level when in the fifty fifth minute Sam Moss with a clever flick cross shot with the outside of his boot went in off the far post. The expected Cinque Port revival did not happen however as yet another defensive mistake in the sixty seventh minute enabled Matthew English to tap in his second goal of the match. With ten minutes to go he secured his hat trick when following a long free kick he was on hand to grab Athletics third goal. This soon became four and it was Matthew English again with a breakaway goal from a Cinque Port corner; he crossed the ball only to see the ensuing shot come back to him of the post and he then coolly and carefully slotted the ball past the Cinque Port keeper. Athletic made it 5-1 with virtually the last kick of the game when Craig Warren slid the ball home. In the divisions other game to survive Feering emerged the 4-3 victors at home to Brightlingsea Regent ‘A’, to stop their run of recent defeats, with Troy Pitkin and Luke Thurston with a hat trick on their score sheet.


In Division One AFC Sudbury ‘A’ and Mistley was the only game to survive and finished in a 4-1 away victory to the divisional leaders, Mistley. Kevin Brown and Brian Seager scored doubles apiece for Mistley and Ben Sparkes was the Sudbury marksman. Mistley now go into the Christmas break eight points clear at the top.


No games survived in Division Two, but in Division Three the encounter at Eastcliff, where Holland ‘A’ took on leaders Whitehall survived and finished in a 2-1 away victory for Whitehall, who are now three points clear at the top of the table. William Bolton was the Holland scorer.




And finally Best Wishes for Christmas and a Happy New 2014 Year from the Executive and Committee of the Colchester & East Essex Football League.


Keep the Reports and your Goal Scorers coming in please if you want them included in our match reports.